lane rockford orsak
For over fifteen years, Lane Orsak has created effective marketing collateral for clients in the medical industry, business-to-business, real estate, retail, high-tech, and the performing arts by providing advertising, design, marketing, and publicity services. He has worked with over 75 businesses since 1994.
Core Work Experience
As Director of Marketing (outsourced)
• Lone Star Oncology (8 years)
Additional marketing experience
• Marketing Assistant for the Hyatt Regency Hotel (1984),
Additional Creative experience
• Austin Ballet Theatre (1980-82), danced in the corp de ballet for two seasons while attending the University of Texas (1980-82).
• In 1990 he co-wrote a musical "Mr. Hanks" and was one of only six people in the U.S., outside of NYC to be accepted for audition at the prestigious BMI Lehman Engel Workshop in New York City.
• Produced and Publicized 2 locally acclaimed musical CDs entitled Manuel's Women's Festivals 1 and 2 (1997 & 1998), which benefited the Center for Battered Women (now called SafePlace). He produced the Women's Festival, the first raising over $14,000, and began work producing and directing a documentary film entitled “Bride of Hope” (27 hours of interviews shot, the project is not finished). The second year was a musical concert presented at the Backyard.
• He has appeared on numerous Austin-area tv and radio shows (1997-2000) and in several independent films, most notably as one of the main characters in Ruta Wakening (1996). His first TV appearance was in 1964, on his mother's ABC television program Kitirik in Houston, Texas ("Kitirik" ran from 1954 to 1972, garnering many honors, including her designation as Houston's "First Woman in TV").
Orsak grew up in Houston, Texas and graduated from the University of Texas, Austin where he studied the liberal arts, dance, and theater. He returned to U.T. to study Latin American Studies for an additional year. He speaks Spanish well, and has studied French and Japanese. He has extensive international travel experience, including working 3 years abroad in Tokyo, Japan and studying a summer in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. He has been married to the same awesome woman, Karen Myatt Orsak since 2000.